Re: Real-time category

Ian Petersen wrote:
 > Of course they can do it. But they are only conscious of having done it
 > half a second after the unconscious has initiated the action.

I think I understand the theory, but we're sort of splitting hairs
over terminology.  Whether we react consciously or unconsciously
(whatever that means) isn't really related to the discussion on RTOS
and how we perceive latency and jitter.  An error in timing may be
consciously perceived much later than it actually happened, but it
doesn't really matter, the important thing is that we perceived it at
all.  The problem we have to solve in building audio applications
is to make it so these errors are not (eventually) perceived.

Jeff