RE: performance looping ?

This can be done on an original jamman with the addition of bob sellon’s “special rom”, available on www.jamman.org

He is also working on getting the special rom ported to the ‘ReJam’, currently on sale at the same website. Basically $400 + $50 for the special rom.

From: Tony Hughes [mailto:hughes.tony@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:19 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: performance looping ?

Thanks for the replies.  I think I may be able to do what I want with two jammans.  Record sample A onto jamman 1, record same sample onto jamman two (from jamman one).  While sample A is playing on jamman 2, stop jamman one, save sample A then save sample A to another loop track.  Record sample B onto jamman 1 (second loop track) having stopped jamman 2.  Dump new sample A+B onto jamman 2 and repeat.  This way, when I want to back down the loops until I reach sample A only, I can use jamman 1 and simply step down the different loop tracks.  This should allow me to keep a continous sound while stopping and recording so that I can undo until the beginning.  Can I do this while performing?  We shall see.

Another question, is there any reason why a sufficiently adept electrical engineer could rig up a handheld switch to start and stop the record/overdub feature on the jamman (or any footpedal looper)?  Seems simple enough, but then I don't know what I'm talking about.

Oh, another question, does anyone have any ideas about timing looptracks while using the boss/digitech pedal loopers.  Stopwatch?  Computer.  It seems essential in some cases to know where I am in the loop to overdub correctly.

Thanks,

Tony