Re: The MRI and Looping: For Ambient & Experimental Music?

> So are they really bad for your hearing?

> TravisH

The machine I was encased in wasn't unbearable at all...in fact, with the
firearm shooting headphones (exactly this, in fact, but modified with the
plastic tube from the control room), the sound was perfect. Those firearm
headphones filter out a lot of high end, and what I heard with them on was
exquisite...no more or less louder than the volume that I use for listening
to music.  I wish I had turned the lights off in the dressing room when I
removed the pants they provided, however, because the static electricity
was
unbelievable.

In light of the question, where's the melody...I did discern tones, albeit
very constant and industry like. I concur with Edward's comments about it
sounding like a strange sci-fi moving. In fact, it sort of reminded me of
Forbidden Planet and the scene where they were taking a tour of that
monstrous facility under ground with all the automated machinery developed
by aliens.

Kris