EDP_thump-noise

Hello all and "nice to be back on the list" after an eventful three
month including a y2k5-loop-festival-performance with my EDP on
strike and an upcoming CD release...

... I am having a hard time with my looper back in switzerland for
every time i push the record button or sometimes also the next loop
one, it gives me that "thump!" noise

now i can remember having heard someone talk about this issue earlier
this year but i neither can remember who it was nor can i find it in
the archives

so any hints are received most gratefully

(CD orders are received gratefully, too - but i am afraid that pay
pal button on my website doesn't seem to be working yet and i imagine
no one here wants to give me any hints about how to deal with that
worst pal i've ever dealed with...

...anyway, check it out: http://www.mem.li/e/craft-paypal_e.html)

thanx

phil