Re: Re EDP loosing MIDI Clock sync - Quest

Hi Kim,
Here is how i have the devices hooked up:
(this might not relate to auto record)
MPC1000 sampler midi out into FCB1010 midi in then its
midi out into EDP midi in.The FCB1010 controller shows
a blinking dot when receiving midi clock from the
MPC1000 i assume and the EDP was responding as well.I
was doing a lot of multiplying,inserting,replacing and
re-recording and it would stay synced for the most
part but after a while it would start drifting.I am
still wondering about this because i tried this at
home again and let a loop run for a long time and
didnīt notice any problems...
cheers
Luis

--- Kim Flint <kflint@loopers-delight.com> wrote:

> At 01:48 AM 12/2/2005, Luis Angulo wrote:
> >Yes,there is indeed a problem with it, i did a show
> on
> >Saturday where we improvised spontaneously music to
> >pictures and paintings which were being manipulated
> >with software.This is the first time i slave the
> EDP
> >to my MPC1000 and i had to constantly trigger the
> >reAlign function to keep the loops synced,i didnīt
> do
> >any loop copy or auto record,just simply recorded
> >the running grooves of the MPC and it still
> >happened.As a master the EDP works flawlesly
> though.
>
> Luis,
>
> The problem we are talking about here only relates
> to using AutoRecord with
> sync=in, and has the easy fix of using LoopCopy=time
> instead of AutoRecord.
> If you were not using AutoRecord, then I don't think
> you were having the
> same issue Per is talking about. There isn't any
> known issue with normal
> use of sync in from midi clock - that should work
> fine. You would have to
> give a better explanation of your problem/setup for
> us to help you.
>
> kim

> Kim Flint                     | Looper's Delight
> kflint@loopers-delight.com    |
> http://www.loopers-delight.com

www.luis-angulo.com

Just $16.99/mo. or less.