Re: Moebius software looper

On Dec 3, 2005, at 13:13, Janosch K. wrote:
> I still have a nice laptop (PIII 1 GHz, 256 MB memory) laying
> around, fairly unused, so I thought about trying out software
> loopers like Moebius before getting a hardware device. How stable
> are these programs? Are they suitable for live use? And is latency
> an issue? I plan to get an audio interface, so the latency will be
> only few ms, still I have no idea if that's a problem then.

I had an IBM Thinkpad  (PIII 700 MHz, 640 MB ram) and it was totally
stable with Albeton Live (Moebius wasn't available back then). I
still use the same audio interfaces, an Echo Indigo i/o and a RME
Multiface - both pci/PCMCIA based and recommendable. I use them on
both Mac and PC machines. Today I'm running Moebius on a 2 GHz
Centrino with GB ram (planning to upgrade it to 2 when I get rich)
and that machine is also completely stable.

> How stable are these programs?

I would say they are fully stable. If the laptop crashes it's due to
factors as computer hardware (bad ram, to little ram), lousy drivers,
fragmented hard drive or a fat and sick register file from too many
other applications installed.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)