Re: E-H 16sec Reissue Update

Thank you SOOO much for posting this. EH is being (as always) very
secretive about this upgrade (no info on web site, no info sent out to
retailers, and I got a cryptic email that didn't really answer my
questions.)

Apparently all "new" units are shipping with this chip but I didn't get
any info on how you can tell if the unit has it done already or not. If
you (or anyone ) get's this done please post to the list and let us know
how it works. From what I've been able to piece together in the new mode
there is no count in and you can start/stop the loop (and presumabaly
internal clock) on the fly by stepping on the record switch (this is how
the orignal worked).

Apparently the unit can be set back to the count-in mode by the user with
some special  button presses.

What I'd like to know is if the unit still spits out midi sync in time if
you start and stop the loop manually and if you can reset it to internal
clock but NOT have the count in.

I AM thrilled to see EH came to their senses and made this option as the
previous system of having ot play to the pedal's internal clock was very
counter-intuitive to improvising and made NO sense given how the
original (and virtually ever other looper since) works. If this will allow
the user to stomp in the loop points and then spit out midi sync that
would make it about 300% more useful and I'd probably make it my main
looper for live use!