Laptop setup update, shameless self-promotion and a Repeater forsale (!)

Hi, all.

Thanks for all the tips a while back regarding laptop setups for
looping. I finally decided to go for the Powerbook (and a Presonus
Firebox, thanks for that recommendation as well), although it should
indeed be noted that it may not be the optimal choice for Ableton Live
users.

Right now it seems I'll be running two setups:

1) Guitar -> NI Guitar Rig (not all that great, but will do for now) ->
Ableton Live for situations where I'll be using prerecorded loops and/or
have a need for timestretching and trasposing. The UI in Ableton is just
damn lovely, but the CPU overhead does pile up quite fast.

2) Guitar -> NI GR -> Plogue Bidule for more streamlined gigs. I've been
able to achieve lower latencies and less CPU load with Bidule, and the
versatility pleases me a lot, but has a somewhat steeper learning curve
than Ableton. Might not be a problem for most loopers, though, as we
apparently tend to be rather knowledgeable in matters technical.

Bot setups use Sooperlooper as the primary looping tool, and BOY it
makes me glad I opted for the Powerbook. It's my first experience with a
more EDP-ish looping paradigm, and I'm having a _ball_.

In other news:

a) We finally got Älymystö's (my band) debut album "Atomgrad" back from
the printers. (Here's another piece: http://www.taphead.net/ikkuna.mp3)

If you liked the clips I've posted and are interested in hearing more,
give me a holler, I've got a bunch of discs set aside and I've
definately been getting enough tips and stuff off this list to consider
you folks eligible for free CD's.

Of course, if you have albums out, trades are always fun. We're also
involved with some clubs and net radios in Finland, so we'd be more than
happy to promote the good stuff.

b) Seeing as I've gone the software route, I'll be selling my Repeater
as well. If anyone's in a market for one (especially in Europe), again,
feel free to reply.

Regards,
R.