Re: using laptops for music

Well, I just decided to jump off the cliff and ordered one of these beasts:

I plan to use this to replace my entire looping setup...

...by building it all in Reaktor. I will now be able to use my Reaktor big
horns live...

Also it will allow me to do much better Continuum demonstrations at the
show in January. The Neko is built like a tank and so should withstand
live gigs
no problem.

What's weird is that I did a lot of research into using a laptop or a small
desktop PC, and the Neko actually ends up being CHEAPER for me, because
with it
I can use my old Layla 20 sound card and my old version of Cubase (which
requires a parallel port for the hardware dongle). If I got a new laptop I
have to get new Cubase ($600) and a new multi-channel sound card ($600).

The Neko hasn't arrived yet. I'll let you all know how it goes. If this
thing is
as cool as I think it is going to be, I will have several looping devices
sale soon!

Mark Smart