Re: Programming the Behringer FCB1010 for Echoplex use, a quick guide

Travis,

Good one...I've found that FCB programming gets easier each time, like
anything repeated/looped, I guess.

In addition to your Preset info, here's the Global programming info, as
that's where you go to put in the MIDI channel for the Presets to
transmit on. (I'm currently in a mini-dilemma: I am using both
Expression Pedals for Repeater, and will have to decide if I want to
omit/move some so I can use one for Feedback and Volume control on the
EDP.)

.David.

****************

Global Programming Procedure:
1. Press the DOWN button for 2-3 seconds while powering up the FCB1010.
Now you’re in global configuration mode. The direct select LED will
light up.
2. Press the ENTER/UP button once. The midi function LED will flash.
3. Select the function you would like to change (button 1-10). The red
LED on this button will start to flash now. You can read the current
MIDI channel for this function in the display now.
4. If you want to change this MIDI channel, press the ENTER/UP button to
confirm the selection.
5. Now you can change the MIDI channel number for the function you’ve
selected using the number Keys.
6. Press the ENTER/UP button to confirm.
If you would like to change more MIDI channels, press the ENTER/UP
button several times, until the green MIDI FUNCTION LED is flashing
again, and follow the same procedure.
Once you’ve adjusted all MIDI channels, press the DOWN button 2-3
seconds to leave the global configuration mode.
NOTE: The functions and channels you’ve selected in the global
configuration, are defined for ALL PRESETS!
So it is not possible to send expression pedal A in preset 1 to MIDI
channel 1, and in preset 2 to MIDI channel 2, etc.
Advantage: You have a clear assignment for each MIDI command to the
device controlled.

]]]]

Each preset can control:
• 2 relay contacts
• 5 program changes (1-5)
• 2 control changes (6-7)
• 2 continuous controllers on the expression pedals (8-9)
• 1 MIDI note (10)
Make sure you’ve first setup the global configuration correct, before
you start programming your presets.