VStudio

NO Rainer VStudio is NOT my story.. but I am helping in it development. It
lies on Furthurnoise.org, where I am a guest reviewer and as such am kinda
bit involved as a user, beta tester and VStudio guru!!! So I have used it
collaborate live with a few people, played live on Resonance FM in the UK
and done a few "gigs". Currently we have a residency once a month at The
Point in the Bronx.

What is it? It simple really,Built in flash you can upload audio loops,
images, and preprepared Flash movies, and then load them into a series of
8
slots or layers, where you can do a few simple things, like sound level,
pan,(on audio)  transparencey position etc (on image) and that it!!! The
fun
is in the fact that there ONLY ONE, so there no saving and anyone can ruin
your work.

I have really pushed what it can do in terms of of limitations and CPU,
and
have made some interesting stuff.... nothing is really synched, so you
have
to think jazz or abstract, but Ive also put up a whole track (streamed
from
MY webspace with a stub file ulploaded to VStudio) and used it simply as a
video tool, making visuals for my music (infact Im planning a DVDR release
soon!!!). I just jam on one machine and record a screen grab from andothe
machine. (Actually my friends at futhernoise do it for me, we plan saving
mixes in a future version.)
IN the pipeline are... stand alone versions for home use, saving, loading,
seperate url for performance window (the interface gets cluttered with
users
when it busy)

Anyway ANYONE can give it a go.. you dont have to upload anything, just
steal other peoples work!!!!!

http://www.furtherstudio.org/live/

HAve fun

MArk

>Just went to the link below while at the same time listening to "túdo na
>mais santa paz" by Toquinho e Vinicius - great interactive remix! ;-)

>Is this VStudio thing your story? Can you tell us more about it? Sorry if
>missed the introduction here, just tell me so then...

        Rainer
mark francombe
marks website is at www.markfrancombe.com he writes for
www.furthernoise.org
and works at www.transformlearning.com

It has removed 14068 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!