Re: new tunes

Yeah, the acoustic/folk style police are irritating.  If you've been
playing traditional music venues, then you may run into some problems.
 Having listened to the two tracks you've posted, I'd say if you were
in my neck of the woods you could play any number of cafe/acoustic
music venues.  Your music is still very accessible to the general
public, it just breaks the Rules Of Folk music.

Speaking as a looping acoustic guitarist, I frequently find myself
caught in the grey zone between "classical" guitar and "folk" music as
far as audiences or booking agents are concerned.  I don't do either,
but venues and casual audiences (i.e. those that don't identify
themselves as "classical music listeners" or "folk music listeners")
have only a few terms to describe instrumental guitar music.  Usually
it's not a problem..if they hear what I do.  But if they ask "Do you
play classical guitar?" and my answer is "No", then some places aren't
interested.  Fortunately, those places are in the minority.

So, if you're worried about finding gigs, I'd suggest you check out
the general pool of singer/songwriter/acoustic music venues.  If there
was a girl singing with a guitar earlier in the evening, I think you'd
fit in.

Best of luck,

TravisH