looping gear pro/con moment (iheart batteries)

Setting up for a show this evening (I was playing solo sppoky theremin
before a stage production of Henry James' ghost story _The Turn of the
Screw_), I realized that I'd accidentally not packed the AC adapters for
my Boss RC-20 Loopstation and my Digitech Jamman (I'd managed to not
forget the adapter for the Akai Headrush). Given I was doing layered loops
of ghostly conversations andd was out-of-town, I was, umm, stuck.

But! The Boss RC-20 runs on 6 AA batteries. Two minutes later, I was up
and going with at least two loopers to layer underneath the live theremin
signal.

Admittedly this wouldn't have been a problem if I'd packed more carefully.
But the battery feature of the RC-20 made my evening much easier to
recover from my own carelessness.

regards,
Steve B
http://www.subscapeannex.com/about_steve.html