Re: EDP FCB

On Oct 20, 2005, at 4:11, .David.Auker. wrote:

> I'm about to wade into setting up the FCB1010 to control the
> Echoplex.  I've searched the archives a little, and found
> discussion...I'm wondering if someone could point out a good
> source, something definitive, something basic.  There has to be a
> "jackpot" somewhere in the archives -- is there a summary at an
> easily-found source?

I've been changing my EDP set-up on FCB three times but anyway,
here's the trick I use to come up with a good set-up:

1. Put the FCB in front of you. Look at it. Don't touch it. Notice
the the bank set-up of five pads and two pedals. This is the palette
you are left with (at this stage, no not yet consider bank changing).

2. Think about the functions in the EDP that you want to use. Fresh
up your memory by marking them out with a pencil in the Loop4 manual.

3. Now think about which of those functions you need to jump quickly
between, and visualize them on neighboring pads. In your mind,
perform some looping that makes use of those buttons. If it feels
fluent, go on to another bunch of functions and visualize using them
on different buttons. Find the best combination of buttons and
functions.

4. Program it.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen