re: Defining "pro"

SVG wrote:
"And on the "Pro" vs. "Semi-Pro" vs. "amateur" topic, Robert has been able
to continually do
his music based on some wise real-estate investments many years ago.  This
by definition takes him
out of the "Pro" category.  It's all just talk...."

I don't know,  It may just be splitting hairs but my feeling is that if
you
make enough money to make
successful investments from earnings from your music to live on and tour
and
put out CDs for the rest of your life, you
 still deserve the term 'professional'

Robert Fripp tours all over the world and consistently works on the level
of
his artistry (which is quite professional in the loose sense of the term).

I'm not even particularly fond of what he does though 'Evening Star' and
the
lead guitar on 'King's Lead Hat' (an anagram for talking heads)  earn him
spot in my personal pantheon of great artistry.

Robert Fripp is a professional.  He earned it.