Re: ethics (was Re: Building a rackmount looping computer as an alternative to the Receptor for Mobius)

On Oct 18, 2005, at 3:06 PM, Jeff Larson wrote:
> I can understand why this might ruffle a few feathers, but once you've
> published an idea you no longer own it.  You can own physical

i'd like to point out that "Multiply", your example from earlier in
this debate, was also used by Robert Fripp on the TC2290 around the
same time that the EDP came out.

Bob's not a gearhead, so i'm going to assume that the multiply trick on
the 2290 (very carefully changing the delay time to a "multiple" of the
current value by entering a new one on the numeric keypad) was taught
to him by David Sylvian, who recommended the device to him in the first
place, which would place that particular looping performance technique
in square parallel to the Paradis LoopDelay.

i could very well be wrong about this supposition, so anyone who knows
better please step to the plate and correct me on this.
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com