Re: Building a rackmount looping computer as an alternative to the Receptor for Mobius

I looked into it, and I couldn't make the math work out -- everything
ended up being about the same as the Receptor. I don't know much
about building systems, but there's the A/D conversion, the ins and
outs, the MIDI, and so forth, that the Receptor has built in, along
with the host program (not such a big deal). If something like what
you describe was available, or if I knew _exactly_ what to buy and
what to do when I bought it, I'd add it to the rack in a heartbeat.

Receptor is supposedly super-stable, too. XP seems kinda kludgy for a
dedicated music system, whereas MUSE has adapted Linux. Although
their code is GPLed, so it would be there to use.