Re: Repeater-- Speculation and disinformation

<< Yes, the first version of the Boomerang only supported one loop, but
that was seven or eight years ago. >>

I thought the 2nd loop feature came along with the last major revision of the device. Which was more recent.

Travis Hartnett <travishartnett@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, the first version of the Boomerang only supported one loop, but
that was seven or eight years ago. It also received its share of
criticism regarding price/performance. Back then there was only the
Boomerang and the EDP in production (I believe the JamMan had been
discontinued and the Headrush was yet to come), and many people
appreciated the straightforward interface and pedal form factor. It
was so nifty that Line6 thought it'd be a good idea to pretty much
copy the idea as their looper in the DL-4.

After many years of dedicated hardware loopers, expectations are
higher, and the new JamMan falls short for many people. Had they made
it so that you could save the contents of a loop when switching to the
next loop without bending over, stopping the loop and pressing a
button, they'd have made the thing siginificantly more useful not for
ambient soundscape type work, but for traditional song-based singer
songwriters. As it is, it appears to me to be most useful for
bringing in canned loops from home to the gig, or creating loops at
home. Can one make music with it? Of course. Can one imagine the
addition of one feature making it possible to do immensely more with
it? Yes.

Again, I'd love to talk to the project manager for the JamMan or the
Loop Station and ask them what their use cases where when they were
finalizing the design. Did they talk to musicians with significant
looping experience, or what?

TravisH