Building a rackmount looping computer as an alternative to the Receptor for Mobius

For some reason, I've been thinking about this a lot. I never work
outside of the studio, but I enjoy building computers. It wouldn't be
that hard or expensive to build a rackmount computer to run Mobius, in
fact it would probably be half the price of the Receptor. And there
are new, small TFT touchscreen computer monitors coming on the market
aimed at people who are building PC based car audio systems:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90146946&SearchEngine=Froogle&SearchTerm=90146946&Type=PE&Category=Elec&Gad=0&dcaid=17379

If you were to take such a computer on a gig, you might be able to do
everything with just the touchscreen so you wouldn't need to pack a
keyboard, mouse, monitor etc.

It would be really cool if there was a rackmount case that came with a
small touchscreen monitor, or at least a place to mount one, but I
couldn't find one.

Has anyone else built or thought about building something similar? The
first issue of "Virtual Instruments" magazine had a good article on
building a rackmount music computer, but it didn't discuss
touchscreens.
--
Art Simon
simart@null.net