Galactic Travels Playlist #446 for October 6, 2005

http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/playlists/2005/051006.html

Galactic Travels is an electronic, ambient, and space music show, that
airs each
Thursday at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA, 93.9
FM in
Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ, 93.7 FM in Fogelsville and Trexlertown,
92.9 FM on
Service Electric Cable, and webcasting on the internet.

                    Show #446                    October 6, 2005

RECAP:
On this show, I began a month-long focus on Remote Spaces.  The Featured
CD at
Midnight was "Silos."

The Vinyl Starter was from the LP "musik von Hamonia" by Harmonia on
Brain Records
and released in 1974.

I took advantage of Mark Jenkins' visit to the US and asked him to play
a live
concert on Galactic Travels.

Remote Spaces - http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/playlists/2005/focus05.html#oct

PLAYLIST:

11:04 pm
ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==================================
Harmonia                Sehr Kosmisch            Harmonia (Brain)
Mark Jenkins            Lux Aeterna              Moog Meditations (AMP)
Mark Jenkins            Hearts of Celtia         In-studio Concert &
Interview
Mark Jenkins            Endless Space            Moog Meditations (AMP)
Mark Jenkins            If the World Were Turned In-studio Concert &
Interview
                        On Its Head, We Would
                        Walk Among the Stars
Mark Jenkins            Zen Garden               Moog Meditations (AMP)
Mark Jenkins            Hearts of Celtia         Moog Meditations (AMP)
Mark Jenkins            Supernova                In-studio Concert &
Interview

12:00 am
Remote Spaces           Infrared Part 1          Silos (none)
Remote Spaces           Infrared Part 2          Silos (none)
Remote Spaces           Arpematik Part 1         Silos (none)
Remote Spaces           Arpematik Part 2         Silos (none)
Remote Spaces           Silos                    Silos (none)
Remote Spaces           Dawn in Rainy Season     Silos (none)

1:00 am

 * = excerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)
++ = Advance CDR from Artist

NEXT SHOW:
On the next Galactic Travels, I'll continue the month-long focus on
Remote Spaces.
The Featured CD at Midnight will be "elektronicznie."

The Vinyl Starter will be from the LP "Stuntman" by Edgar Froese on
Virgin Records
and released in 1979.

Bill
Host of Galactic Travels, an electronic, ambient, and space music show,
Thursdays at 11:04 pm EDT/GMT-4:00 on WDIY 88.1 FM in Allentown and
Bethlehem,
93.7 in Fogelsville and Trexlertown, 93.9 FM in Easton and Phillipsburg and
92.9 on Service Electric Cable. Listen on-line to WDIY at
http://wdiy.org and
click on the LISTEN link or go directly to:
http://rm1.refugemedia.com/ramgen/encoder/wdiy.rm
Galactic Travels web site - http://wdiy.org/programs/gt
To subscribe to the galactic-travels mailing list, click on [Join This
Group!]
at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/galactic-travels
RSS News Feed: http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/rss/enews.xml
Podcasts: http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/rss/podcasts.xml