Re: (Santa Cruz) Y25K International Loopers Conference

Hello,

In regard to the Loopers Conference in Santa Cruz on October 8th: does
anyone have any more information about this? I have recently re-joined
the list after a long absence and missed everything regarding this
Conference except what little there is on the Loopers-Delight.com
website.

Specifically, I am looking for contact information as I would be
interested in performing. I am a long time looper from San Francisco
who moved to Belo Horizonte, Brazil, about one year ago. So, I haven't
had as much exposure to looping as I was used to in SF, not to mention
opportunities to perform "loop music". However, I will be in the San
Francisco Bay Area for about two months from September 30th and am very
interested to explore any performance opportunities. So if anyone can
send me some contact information I would appreciate it.

Regarding the software topic someone mentioned a few mails back, I have
been using Cycling74's radiaL
(http://www.cycling74.com/products/radial.html) and I like it quite a
bit. While I do miss my old Sequential/Jam-Man set-up, my powerbook and
radiaL were a lot easier to move to Brazil. I have tried Live and
various other software looping apps, or apps that can be used for
looping, and have found that I like radiaL the best. With radiaL, Logic
Express and BIAS Peak i have all i need. Of course Pluggo, Absynth,
etc., are fun to play around with sometimes...

-jb

* For anyone interested, some of my music is online at
http://www.modaldub.net/ under several names (reflecting various
collaborations, oysterdub is the solo one): charlie chomsky, funeral
butchers, oysterdub, panbobo, rubaiyat. I've also recorded with Daniel
Hintz as UM and The Owls when I lived in SF, though I don't have audio
files online for those.

'The most faithful audio recording is the one never played." - from
http://www.publicrec.org