re: The Big(ish) Idea

Phil Wilson wrote:

"Basically I want to make a foot operated device that allows a signal to
only when  the button is pressed. Kind of a Poor-Mans-Morse-Glitch
......it is a push to make type switch so initially the signal is dead,
when the button is pressed the sound is allowed to pass to the output."

I have thought of a similar pedal and wished for one, Phil.

This might be a cool addition to such a beast:

Have two momentary buttons side by side with a switch that makes them

1)  turn the sound on when you want it turned on or
2) pass the sound and turn it off when you want it turned off

Both buttons would do the same function which would allow for some one to
very, very rapid
two foot manipulations of the pedal (like the glitch effects that are so
popular in modern electronica now).

It would be just as hip to cut the sound OFF as it would be to turn the
sound ON with such a button.

Do you see what I mean?
One of the techniques that I use with my line 6 pedal is putting it into
record and then really rapidly, but randomly
hitting the button that has the forward/reverse/half speed/double speed

When I truncate the loop it then has these little random chunks of
backwards/forwards/1/2 speed/double time.
If I make this as some kind of melodic drone it provides a random loop
is nonetheless harmonically consonant
with whatever I lay on top of it.

to have a real time 'GLITCH' pedal in line to add the same kind of
randomization to the mute/unmute quality of the music
would really be awesome.

throw the whole damn mess into a Repeater and then play it like a
instrument over three octaves.
Now that's my idea of a good time.

Now,  who to build it......................lol