Re: Re:Re: The Big(ish) Idea - people who did this

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, a k butler wrote:

>> I think Hendrix did this (stutter) on Voodoo Child (Slight Return). I
>> always assumed it was done with special pickup wiring that allowed him
>> to cut the pickup in and out.
>
> old guitar trick,
> on a 2  p/u guitar, turn down the volume
> on one of the p/us to nothing.
>
> then the p/u selection switch does a cut out.
>
> andy butler
> ps
> ...the EDP 'Replace' can do this to the loop

I figured this behavior out with my Chapman Stick shortly after I started
performing with it - the cut out behavior makes a great mute for when you
don't want to be making any noise (such as switching instruments, or
when I'm done and the other band members are still playing).

best,
Steve B
http://www.subscapeannex.com/about_steve.html