Re: The Big(ish) Idea - people who did this

The Hendrix stutter was via totally stock strat wiring... rolled-off neck
tone and wide-open bridge pickup (which has no tone control)...BIG tone
difference when you flick the p/u switch from 1st to 5th position...the ear
perceives it as trtemolo, or echo, or Univibe, or any number of things.
Try it.
~Tim