Re: [LOOP] Jamman/Stolen Moments

On 9/15/05, burnett@pobox.com <burnett@pobox.com> wrote:

> Don't remember if I posted this here, but I got a Digitech Jamman last
> month and then played two shows with it.
>
> Digitech Jamman versus Boss RC-20 (non-XL) LoopStation, my opinions:

[excellent comparison review snipped to save bw]

> I plan to keep the Boss RC-20 Loopstation, even though I like the Jamman
> and if I need to drop one or the other from my rig any given evening, the
> Jamman probably stays. Reasons:
>
>      * I never get rid of gear if I can help it
>      * the RC-20 can run on batteries and the Jamman cannot
>      * the Jamman lacks reverse playback mode

You probably realise this, but it's worth pointing out that the XL
version of the RC-20 sorts out quite a few of the UI problems of the
earlier model.

You can increment and decrement through the loops with a footswitch
now (any dual footswitch with momentary action and a 1/4" TRS jack
will do), and any of the loops can be single or repeating.

The XL is often reviewed as just a bigger memory version of the RC-20,
but Boss did fix quite a few little niggles with the second version.