Re: My Effects pedal dream

i built one myself.
its an AB on steroids.
it routes 4 ins to 2 outs. 2 of the ins are assumed to be elec gtr and the other 2, acoustic.
the footswitch, when depressed repeatedly, cycles through each of the gtr inputs. if its either 1 or 2, they're routed to output 1. if 3 or 4, they're routed to output 2. the box has 2 other jacks. send and return.

u could guess where im going from here. output 1 is hooked up to my trusty tube amp.
output 2 could be sent to either a direct box routed to the mixing console or directly to an acoustic amp.

but no matter which of the 4 inputs is chosen, they all are routed through the send/return. THATS THE KEY.

this way i use my pedal board for acoustic or electric. very convenient. the tuner for instance can be used for the acoustic. delay and chorus stuff can be used on the acoustic. and all the while, im secure that the correct gtr is routed to the correct output.
put down my les paul, pickup my acoustic, step on the switch twice and im ready to go.

i even outfitted the box with an LED counter showing the number of the chosen input. it goes from 0 through 3 though. not 1 - 4.
and its TRANSPARENT BLUE.
sweeet.
___
Adrian Bartholomew