Re: powered near-field monitors?

     The Mackie sub that goes with the HR824's costs around $1200.  I
added the Blue Sky sub to my
HR824's and am very happy with the sound for $400.  Still I wonder what
the extra $800 would have
bought me...

  Mark wrote:
I'm a fan of the Mackie HR824s.  Listened to a bunch
in that price range and found them to be a good value.
 I'm often amazed at how nice and accurate the bass is
without ever getting flubby.  High end is sweet but
never shrill.  I keep thinking I'd supplement it with
the matching subwoofer, but never get around to it as
they seem to sound great out of the box.