Echoplex Footpedal not responding

Hello,

I've been having some problems with my Echoplex Footpedal lately and it's
just a couple of months old.

 When I hit the Record button or Overdub button the unit often doesn't
respond, or on some occasions it goes into Edit mode which is not cool at
all.  The thing is when I use the front panel of the unit to control the
Echoplex everything is fine, so the problem must be caused by the
Footpedal.

I've been looking into the mailing archive but I can't find a solution over
there.  I tried using a different cable cause that seemed to have worked
for
some people, but it didn't change anything.  What can I do? Is changing the
switches an option? I haven't really stomped hard on them and the problem
seems to have been there from the start.  Could it be that the switches
were
faulty from the start? If I should give this a try what type of switches
should I use to replace the old ones?  Could someone give me some advice on
this? I would really appreciate it!

All the best,

Frederik Leroux