AW: transistor radios Re: Re: bose pa speaker thingie

Rainer wrote:
"Now it might be a problem to get FM radio frequencies to send on...don't
know how this is in the US, but I can tell you this is a no-no in
Germany."

I don't know about in Germany, but here in America you can buy kids toys
that have really cheap and weak wireless transmitters built into a
microphone so
that you can tune your FM radio to a certain channel and then broadcast on
it.
They make them in China and Taiwan.  You can get 10 or 15 feet away from
the
reciever but not much further.

I have done a piece of music where I took three boomboxes and then played
with those toy mics directionally.   You can then 'play' the noise sources
as you turn in and out of the field of each boombox.    It's pretty cool
and
the auto tune features of the FM radios result in a virtual
hard gating of the transmission when you turn off axis to the different FM
radios so you can make rhythmically precise moves.

I took the graphic equalizers and just made radically different EQ curves
so
that the noise
transmitted would appear to be a different pitch (or actually range of
pitches).

It was pretty amazing,  It took a little while to get the coordination
down
but I was able to do some pretty articulate phrases by moving the
micropone
through space with quick right angle moves.

Does this make sense what I'm describing.  It was very low tech but very
cool.
Unfortunately I didn't record it.  :-(