OT: Velcro inventor................arrrrrrgggggggghhhh!!!!!!

Okay,   so I found a picture of George de Mestral,  printed it up
and prepared to replace my long treasured picture of inventor Stanley
Mason,
shamed beyond comprehension when this little piece of newspaper
fell out of the frame.

>From an ancient Parade Magazine (Sunday Chronicle):
I quote:

"Stanley Mason is the man who invented Velcro....Nestle's Granola
Bar.....the first underwire bra....
..the hourglass-shaped disposable diaper....microwave cookware......and
about 50 other
inventions, including one the whole world was waiting for:  the squeezable
ketchup bottle"

It's in print it must be true, eh?

No,  of course not.    I googled around and discovered that
George de Mestral did, indeed, invent Velcro and that Stanley Mason did
most
certainly not.

If you can't trust Parade Magazine in the Sunday paper,  who on god's
earth
can you trust?

My faith in all humanity has been shaken for a good 45 minutes.

Then, live went on........................

Now back to looping.

r.