RE: Inexpensive/Easy Way to Stream Live Performances

Now we're talking. Thanks, Todd.

SHOUTcast Server Standard:
$11.99/Month
   * 30 GB traffic
  * up to 30 listeners
  * $5.10 per 10GB
     of additional traffic
  * 50 MB on-demand space
   Free Setup

Kris

*********************

Kris,

Did you look at http://shoutcast.serverroom.us &
http://www.fast-serv.com.  Those are two I saw that look
affordable...$15/month range with scalable pricing depending on bitrate
& number of listeners.  I've never used them, so I can't attest to their
quality, but the price seems right.

A Google search for "shoutcast host" turned up a bunch of hosting
companies in this price range.

Todd

On 8/2/05, Hartung, Kris <kris.hartung@hp.com> wrote:
> After doing more web research, I am amazed at how much services are
charging for streaming bandwidth!  This space is like gold!   I heard
that you can turn your own computer into a server, but I don't have the
time or the funds to work on this.  I'm still shocked by how difficult
it is to pull this off, given all the other easy to use technology out
there.