Re: Inexpensive/Easy Way to Stream Live Performances

It might be possible to 'fake' a peer-to-peer bittorrent-esque
solution setting up a group of relays.  Here's the topology I'm
thinking of:

Laptop streams to a single relay R1.  A handful of secondary relays
R2-R6 are set up to pull from R1.  At this point a user could connect
to any of the relays to grab the stream.  This would hopefully spread
the load out so that we're not relying on R1 having a really fat pipe
to serve all the streams.  Of course, you'd need some friends to help
you out as additional relays.

Just a thought.  This may be overkill depending on your audience size.

Todd