Re: It's not Purple, it's Blue!(Sellon Chip)

On Jul 23, 2005, at 4:07 AM, a k butler wrote:

> At 07:05 23/07/05, you wrote:
>> Get Bob Sellon's "special ROM" for JamMan which allows you to access
>> Delay Mode while in Loop mode with MIDI sync and full feedback
>> control with MIDI cc among other things.
>>
>> ed
>
> Does that solve the JamMan Midi delay issues?
> Does it solve the JamMan problem of clicks at the loop start/end when
> overdubbing while Midi syncing?

I use it with a midi pedal (PMC 10) exclusively and there is no
noticeable MIDI delay. I first heard about this supposed JamMan midi
delay here on the list and asked Bob about it and he said the midi
delay is 5 ms or less. As far as I'm concerned this is one of those
"urban myths'' that keeps being circulated about the JamMan.  Maybe the
Midi delay is coming from the midi pedal being used, I know the Yamaha
midi pedal is notorious for it's delay.

If the JamMan is the master clock there are no clicks but if is the
midi slave there are clicks.  I use my JamMan as the master clock and
sync my Echoplex and Repeater to it and it works great!

ed