Re: My "Pretty Song"...

At the risk of sounding very pedestrian, I liked "My Pretty Song." I
don't quite understand why it has to be labeled "band-in-a-box" or
"drivel." Sure, it may have under-utilized the sonic potential of
Kris' rack, but I'd rather listen to a pretty song than an EDP
version of Metal Machine Music. To my unschooled ears, far too much
looping sounds like something that should have been done in the
privacy of the "musician's" bedroom or shower.

In my opinion, playing music live is a lot like sex, the reactions
and feedback from your partner (or your audience) make the difference
between a good gig and a bad one. Tricky Kama Sutra moves are pretty
unsatisfying if your partner isn't getting into it. Conversely,
pretty straight up stuff can be a lot of fun if your partner is
getting off. There's a lot to be said for groove and melody.

-Admittedly, the sex partner and audience analogy does break down.
Where audiences are concerned, bigger is usually better.

TJ