Re: midi foot control for ableton clip delete/undo

On Jul 18, 2005, at 4:16, Griff Peters wrote:

> What's the best way to use a midi footpedal to delete an ableton
> live 4 clip or undo a recording? Presently i have my behringer fcb
> 1010 foot controller set up to record/launch clips and stop clips,
> but i have no way to actually delete/undo/remove them without using
> the mouse/qwerty.
>
>  If i'm correct, i'll need to use the footpedal to somehow trigger
> a laptop keyboard command like "command Z" or "delete".

Correct!

>  Will live 5 have these commands available from the midi map mode?

No.

> I'm on a mac powerbook os10.3.9

As you said, you will need some application that does map midi to
computer key strokes. I've heard about such an utility for Windows XP
but I'm not sure about Mac. This discussion has ben up at the Ableton
forum and I'm quite sure you will find the answer by doing a search
over there.
http://www.ableton.com/forum/

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen