AW: in praise of looping with the Electrix Mo-FX

I still have the repeater (can't get rid of it it seems ;) and also used
to own a filter factory. What I always hated about the Electrix boxes is
that they take two HU, most of the time for an effect I wouldn't even
donate half a rackspace for. Like take the filter factory, the mofx and
the (don't remember the name of the vocoder), taking up a total of six
rack spaces, and I can do what they do (and more) with a one HU nord
modular G2 engine. I understand that it's also caused by the fact that
they have these dual function rackmount-plus-tabletop design, but for
me, it's just not enough processing power for the real estate taken up
by them.

I'd even think it would be possible to put the Repeater's MMI into one
rackspace. I've never actually made any tech drawings, but on the other
hand it is the way it is...but I'm not able to justify two HU for these
other boxes.

(Just rebuilt my live loop setup, consisting mainly of a 8 HU angled
rack, two level keyboard stand, auxiliary stand and some things on the
floor...boy am I happy! This is so much fun playing loop stuff!)