Changing EDP Parameters via MIDI

At 01:25 14/07/05, you wrote:
>Can anyone point me to a primer on if, and how
>to change parameters on the EDP via MIDI?

I think it can be done by sysex,
...but you won't be doing that with the FCB1010 ;-(

Easier to program some presets, which the FCB will be able to conjure up
with
prog change messages.

>  Rick has me experimenting with Insert=SUB with
> quantize set at 8th notes, which generates some
> cool effects, but normally when I play I want
> quantize set to OFF.  Can I send a MIDI signal
> to the EDP to change quantize to 8th notes,
> perform the Insert magic, and then turn the
> quantize back to OFF? I suppose this will take
> three button pushes on my FCB and consequently
> take up three more buttons on the unit….
>I suppose I could create a preset on the EDPs
>with these Quantize settings, and select that
>with a program change, but I was hoping to avoid the work of setting that
>up.

you wanna be no. 1 experimenter?

try this,

program your FCB to also send prog change on the button presses.

so the button for "Insert=SUB" also send the prog change for the preset
with
Quant=8th
..and all the others have prog change for the preset with Quant=OFF

Now, if the FCB1010 sends prog change before noteOn
(and I'm pretty sure it does) you're in with a chance that you get exactly
what you want without any more buttons used up.

...no guarantees though, I don't know if the EDP will
respond as hoped.

andy butler