RE: Troubleshooting my EDPs and FCB....Again (factory reset guidance)

> Will you post your findings? [from Per]

Arggggggg!  Okay, this IS starting to drive me nuts.  The marriage of my
EDPs with the FCB will surely drive me to drink. First, I am using my
MIDI splitter to go out of the FCB into the MIDI In's of my two EDPs.
This seems to work fine, but the problem I had initially still persists.
So I reset my FCB to factory defaults and set every function (program
change, control, expression pedal) to a MIDI channel other than 1, and I
only have the Note function of the FCB assigned to that channel (1).  So
the unit should not be sending any other data to the EDPs via MIDI.

But the same problem occurs now on both units.  Per, thanks for the
splitter suggestion because now it occurs on both units, which at least
gives us some consistent behavior between the two units and the FCB.

Basically, I hit record to record a loop, play a measure, hit Record to
start playback, and then the loop stops after playing once. All of the
LEDs - Record through NextLoop  -  on the EDPs are on, and the Switches
and Timing LEDs are blinking a the same time at the beginning of the
loop. It is as if the EDPs are playing the loop back internally, but not
sending it to ouput.  My newly set parameters on the EDPs are below. Any
more suggestions?  Again, the units work perfectly when I use the
Echoplex controller.  My guess is that it is something utterly simple
that I need to change, just like when I couldn't get the units to sync
up last year and all I had to do is change the Threshold parameter to 0.

Thanks,

Kris

Loops

MoreLoops=1L
AutoRecord=ON
LoopCopy=OFF
SwitchQuant=LOP
LoopTrig#=84
Velocity=OFF
SamplerStyle=RUN

MIDI

Channel=1
ControlSource=Not
Source#=0
VolumeCont=7
FeedBkCont=1
Dump=001 h
Load=001 -

Switches

RecordMode=tOG
OverdubMode=tOG
RoundMode=OFF
InsertMode=rEV
MuteMode=StA
Overflow=PLY
Presets=Pr.E

Timing

Loop/Delay=LOP
Quantize=OFF
8ths/Cycle=1
Sync=OUT
Threshold=0
Reverse=[Shows No Setting]
StartPoint=[Shows No Setting, but "1" at the first LED]