RE: Troubleshooting my EDPs and FCB....Again (factory reset guidance)

-----Original Message-----
From: Per Boysen [mailto:per@boysen.se]

> Are you running them in parallel to catch stereo loops (i.e.
recording the same thing into them both, taking audio outputs as Left/
Right)?

Yes, I run them to preserve and loop my stereo effects from my rack and
laptop...the EDPs are theh last in the signal chain before going to the
mixer board....one left, and the other right.

> That's interesting because the small drifting of sync may create
dynamic phasing errors that make the stereo width breathe.

I have never experienced any drift since I followed Kim's advise on the
threshold setting. I create some loops that are over 1 minute long, and
never experience drift between the two units.

> Or are you running them to play two loops against each other? I think
I would do like to that more if I had two EDPs. Setting them to two
different midi channels and have a couple of FCB banks for each one as
well as some FCB banks for trimming the two loops simultaneously.  A
third way is to run them in tandem, having the option of recording the
first EDPs output into second EDP, but right now I can't imagine any
good things coming from that.

I bet these would produce some interesting results....I would need four
EDPs to keep my stereo output.

> Will you post your findings?

Yes indeed. I like the MIDI splitting idea. I will try that first.

Kris