Galactic Travels Playlist #432 for June 30, 2005

Greetings,

Due to a corrupted registry, my PC lost its address book.  I'm slowly
refilling it but a lot of data is lost forever until I get email from
the missing people.  Rest assured, all playlists that weren't emailed
out over the past two weeks or so are at the Galactic Travels website.
If you notice anyone complaining that they no longer hear from me, just
tell them to send me email so we can regain contact.  Thanks!

http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/playlists/2005/050630.html

Galactic Travels is an electronic, ambient, and space music show, that
airs each
Thursday at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA, 93.9
FM in
Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ, 93.7 FM in Fogelsville and Trexlertown,
92.9 FM on
Service Electric Cable, and webcasting on the internet.

                    Show #432                    June 30, 2005

RECAP:
On this show, I concluded the month-long focus on UK emusician Mark
Jenkins.  The
Featured CD at Midnight was "If the World Were Turned On Its Head, We
Would Walk
Among the Stars" on AMP Records, released in 2005.

The Vinyl Starter was from the LP "Aguirre" by Popol Vuh on Ohr Musik,
released in
1976.

Mark Jenkins - http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/playlists/2005/focus05.html#jun

PLAYLIST:

11:04 pm
ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==================================
Popol Vuh               Aguirre I                Aguirre (Ohr)
Kraftwerk               The Man Machine          Minimum - Maximum
(Astralwerks)
Conrad Schnitzler and   04.                      Mi.T. - CON 04 (none)
  Michael Thomas Roe
TouchXtone              Computational Error      Astroboy (none)
Binar                   The Cosmic Void          Project Poltergeist
(NeuHarmony)
Remote Spaces           Infrared Part 1          Silos (none)
Patrick O'Hearn         I Could Live Here        Slow Time (none)

12:00 am
Mark Jenkins            If the World Were Turned If the World Were
Turned On Its
                          On Its Head, We Would    Head, We Would Walk
Among the
                          Walk Among the Stars     Stars (AMP)
Mark Jenkins            I Have Known the Void    ItWWTOIH,WWWAtS (AMP)
Mark Jenkins            Nutty Puppet Mayhem      ItWWTOIH,WWWAtS (AMP)

1:00 am

 * = excerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)
++ = Advance CDR from Artist

NEXT SHOW:
On the next Galactic Travels, I'll begin a month-long focus on the
music-bar
mailing list.  The Featured CD at Midnight will be "Navisto - The Flute
Sessions"
which is a unique CDR provided exclusively to Galactic Travels.

The Vinyl Starter will be from the LP "Paradise" by Robert Schroder on
Racket
Records, released in 1983.

Bill
Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show, Thursdays at
11:04 pm EDT (GMT-4:00) on WDIY 88.1 FM in Allentown and Bethlehem, 93.7 in
Fogelsville and Trexlertown, 93.9 FM in Easton and Phillipsburg and 92.9 on
Sevice Electric Cable. Listen on-line to WDIY at http://wdiy.org and
click on
the LISTEN link or go directly to:
http://rm1.refugemedia.com/ramgen/encoder/wdiy.rm
EMUSIC web site - http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic
To subscribe to the EMUSIC-on-WDIY mailing list, click on [Join This
Group!] at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/emusic-wdiy
RSS News Feed: http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/rss/enews.xml
Podcasts: http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/rss/EMUSIC.xml