Re: surround looping

> Per Boysen wrote:
>
>> I can see your point. Rather I'll be looking into using four
>> speakers  in the near future. The main reason is to produce two
>> albums (DVD's)  with some sort of surround sound. But if I can
>> figure out an  efficient quadraphonic live looping rig it would be
>> great fun to try  it out live as well.
>>
> On May 20, 2005, at 19:00, Jeff Larson wrote:
> If you want to record multi-channel audio onto DVD's I think you'll
> need to
> encode into 5.1.  You're not required to use all 6 channels, but if
> you want it
> to play back on an average home surround system, it would probably
> sound better
> if you did.  This site has some information on the process:
>
>      http://www.tweakheadz.com/surround_sound_studio.htm
> Jeff

Thank you very much for that tip, Jeff! Can't understand I never
found that site on my web searches! We'll be doing movie clips and
stills as well. Finalizing and authoring will probably be done in
Premier at his place and the music mixed down to four-seven 24 bit
files here at my place.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---