Echoplex Perplexities

I'm hoping someone knows why sometimes when I hit multiply, it changes my startpoint. I never want my start point to change so does anyone know what parameter is making this happen? The other perplexity is that my echoplex will sometimeschange presets periodically, seemingly at random. I am using midi to control the echoplex and may hit a wrong note at times but dont you have to; go to presets, select, and load in order to change presets? Can this be done just by sending 1 wrong midi note?
Thanx, Trevor.