help with a description of the Boss DD-20

I'm getting this thing together bit by bit, byte by byte, nanosecond by nanosecond...
...but I'm having trouble understanding the "Hint" which appears on p. 21 of the manual. If some of you DD-20 owner/operators could look at this, perhaps you can tell me if it's saying anything other than this: "The DD-20's "seamless switching" feature allows you to create a phrase in sound-on-sound mode, then switch to another delay mode as the sound-on-sound mode continues to play back. You can now solo over the looped playback with the newly selected delay added to your signal. However, once you go to a new delay mode you can't go back into sound-on-sound mode."

D'ya think mebbe I can get a gig writing text for those clearer-than-beer-piss Boss and Roland manuals ;-)...?
dB, coyote