Re: Same midi clock to all my gear??

On 20/04/05 20:43 -0700, Randy Leifer wrote:
> ---------
>  The short story is...that I only want some gear to
> read Clock...not Notes, not Program Changes, not etc.
> ---------

OK, maybe a little more explanation.

Notes and Program Changes are channel-specific in MIDI.  So, only
instruments listening on those channels will be affected.  Clock
is a global signal.  Provided the instruments are set up to listen
for it, they will all receive it and sync to it.

If you know TCP/IP networking, Clock signals are like broadcast
packets, and Notes/Program Changes are unicast.

-J