Re: Behringer FCB1010 MIDI footcontroller setup for the electrix repeater.

let's see. the main steps:

1) GLOBAL SETUP: getting Repeater and FCB1010 talking on the same
channel
2) FOOTSWITCH PROGRAMMING: make foot swtiches send the desired PC or CC
numbers to the Repeater

Do you have #1 under control? FCB default is channel 1, so that is the
easiest way to go. just turn the knob on the back of the Repeater to
channel 1.

Or, is it the programming of the FCB that is the problem?

If so, here's how you would setup a switch to RECORD (i'm going from
memory here, not sitting in front of the pedal, so i hope i get it
right!):

- with Direct Select OFF (write to me if you don't know what this
means, it's in your GLOBAL SETUP) on the FCB, select bank 00, patch 1
(it can be any patch you want, this is just an example)

- You need to enter programming mode in order to change the message
patch 1 is sending. To enter programming mode: hold down the DOWN arrow
for a LONG PRESS few seconds until the display changes.

- I should add here that the FCB is all about the LONG PRESS and the
SHORT PRESS. The LONG PRESS is to turn things on and off. The SHORT
PRESS is to modify settings. So again, to enter programming mode, a
LONG PRESS on the DOWN arrow.

- This part is confusing: worry about what it means later, just hit
ENTER twice (with two SHORT PRESSES)

- Now, the switches that are active will be lit. What does that mean?
Each switch can send a different kind of message, the kind of message
is written on them, in small print. (I think 1-5 are Program Change
(PC). 6 and 7 are Control Change (CC). 0 is Note.). So, in your patch 1
you could theoretically send 5 PC messages, 2 CC messages, 1 Note, set
the parameters for the Expression pedals, etc. We're just going to send
a single PC message right now. Start simple and add more messages once
you know what you're doing.

- Now is the time to look at the Repeater manual. Find the midi CC or
PC number for the thing you want to d. There is a table in the back.

-For most things you can send either a CC or PC message. Remember that
the PC numbers listed in the Repeater manual are one digit off  (write
them out now so you don't get confused!). So the manual says RECORD is
3. It is really 4. You need to send PC = 4 to make the Repeater
start/stop recording.

- I always send PC numbers when I can.  I do this because there are
more of them on the FCB and I can save the two CC swtiches for
something else.

- Anyway, the currently active switches are red.  Identify the switches
you want. You want to send a PC message. So find a switch that says
Program Change on it. Turn off the ones you don't need by pressing them
with a LONG PRESS.( i.e. hold them down until they turn off). Turn them
on with a long press.

- Now that you have the switch you want illuminated you need to tell it
what value to send. So, to modify the switch value give it a SHORT
PRESS. It should flash. It will keep flashing until you hit ENTER. the
LCD should tell you what the value is. To make this PC switch tell the
Repeater to start recording, this value should be 04. Type in the
numbers 04. Hit ENTER.

- You're done with this single switch!

-Now you need to get out of Programming Mode. To do that, give the DOWN
arrow a nice LONG PRESS.

- Test it out.

Again, I'm not sitting near my equipment right now, so I hope I got all
the details...