From: ArsOcarina@aol.com [mailto:ArsOcarina@aol.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 12. April 2005 02:45
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: 1st mp3 teaser of project "House of a Thousand Windows"

Bernhard,

In a message dated 04/11/05 15:47:11, loopdelightml@nosuch.biz writes:

Ted: You said you've been listening to a lot of this kind of music: Could
you spill the beans?

Oh well. I didn't want to use that darn "A" word (ambient) 'cause it's
such a dad-gum "catch-all" for anything semi-melodic with a sort of
"soft-focus" impressionistic bent or a tad of synth pad and reverb
'cause I didn't want to be guilty of mislabeling your music. People
have such a problem with the term "ambient" and I hoped to avoid
using it directly.

Since you asked, I've spent the last couple of days dusting off and
listening to a lot of post-Police-era Andy Summers, some Patrick O'Hearn,
and a rather nice Steve Roach/Michael Shrive/David Torn disk "The
Leaving time." Your composition may bear little specific "organizational"
resemblance to any of the above. But it was pleasing and melodic
and sort of "atmospheric" in a way that some of my recent listening
material has been.

It was nice just to listen to something pleasant that didn't come on as
a sonic assault on the ears for a change. Heheheh . . . like my own
music tends to be at times . . . even I have to admit.

Best regards,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???

"Just because nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."