i am a midi idiot: Augustus Loop

You know, every time I need to reprogram my FCB1010 I discover that
I've forgotten everything I ever learned and I cannot for  the life of
me figure it out without reading the manual again. Now, I know that
what this controller does is amazing, but I used to design software
interfaces in a past life, and I know that it IS POSSIBLE to design a
complex thing in such a way that users don't have to drool over the
manual and spend two days researching the internet just in order to use
it...End of rant.

Anyway that is not why I am writing.

I finally am trying out Augustus Loop. I like it! But I cannot control
it!
The instructions tell me clearly very nice things like CC92 to Tap
Record, and CC100 to Clear Loop.
Um, don't I need a VALUE here?? What should the value of the CC message
be? 0? 127? fish?
I've got the controller communicating on Channel 1 but nothing is
happening for me.

Oh midi geniuses out there, can you help me?