Re: Metasynth

I'm a devoted Metasynth user. And the new version is simply amazing.

The Montage Room within MS lets you create 16 track pieces. It is a
'think different' environment, but you can do complete work there and
render to audio to use in other programs if desired.

One of the most significant new features is the real time previewing,
so while the drawing in the Image the sound it creates loops,  and you
can hear the changes in realtime. Or you can render to disk in
realtime your 'performances' of drawing and/or changing effect
parameters.

One of the coolest things I discovered, and this relates closest to
your inquiry, Per, is that you can choose Soundflower as you ouput
audio device in MS and have that piped realtime into Live. You can
then play along with a Live drum loop, drawing away in MS, and record
or at least audition MS output in context of other material.

Supposedly Eric Wenger is at work porting xX, their OS9 midi
sequencing program, to OSX. I imagine this will have that great
interoperability like Numerology does.

Neil