Re: those cool little alesis mod fx boxes

to the people asking about the modfx vocoder....

i've been using one for quite a while. works fine as a standard
synth in type vocoder, and the wave generators built in are cool
for that robot voice sound, with no need for a synth, but i
really think the highlight of the unit for me is the "noise"
filter. it has a white noise generator in it that you can use a
microphone to modifiy the envelope on. instant crowd screams!
everytime i hooked it up at a gig with my harcore/metal type
band, everyone would hear me say "testing" and look around a few
times to see if satan had walked through the door. fun stuff.
the filters are fun as well! all around a great unit
(es[pecially for the $35 i paid for it a year back on MF)

jacob