soft loopers

Hi, newbie question. I'm in a group where everyone plays acoustic
instruments and has some electronics- floor boxes, computers etc. I have a
computer and I would like to recreate performance looping on it, using
footswtiches/keyboard/midikeyboard. I'd like to find out whats out there
in terms of vst effects etc. I checked the archives but didn't find
anything concrete. I've made some software looping effects before, but I'd
like something really plush. It seems delay effects are just about the
only thing that can work well as live effects on a computer because of
latency. If I can't find anything that really fits the bill, I will
likely go ahead and design something.

Thanks,

Dylan

(ps we are playing at the empty bottle in chicago next month- squirm)